GLC Legacy Story
GLC 3 Strand Strong
Kingdom Embassy Church Plant
On Sunday, December 23, Donearl Johnson signed the Covenant Agreement for Life Church Auburn Hills. Donearl was joined on stage by his wife, Jenetta, his three daughters and the Life Church Auburn Hills launch team. The signing took place at Life Church Southfield, where Donearl and Cameron Underdown have been interning over this past year. Alan Tumpkin, the lead pastor of Life Church Southfield and the GLC Director of Church Planting, Alex Rahill, the ECC Director of Church Planting and Garth McGrath, the superintendent of the GLC were also a part of the celebration.
Life Church Auburn Hills held their first monthly preview service on Sunday, January 13 with over 250 people in attendance. They are also holding public events once a month. In January they will be involved with running a Martin Luther King Jr. event in the city of Auburn Hills. They...
Please remember to select delegates for the 2019 GLC Annual Celebration and for Gather ’19.
- GLC Annual Celebration: April 12-13, 2019 at Life Church Canton - Canton, Michigan.
- Gather ’19: June 27-June 29 in Omaha, Nebraska.
The GLC Annual Celebration was designed to incorporate the business of the Annual Meeting and a celebration of the ministry of all that God has done in and through the churches of the Great Lakes Conference. Registration brochures for the 2019 GLC Annual Celebration will be mailed at the beginning of February.
Who may send delegates to the GLC Annual Celebration and how many delegates may be sent?
*Member congregations shall be entitled to representation as follows:
Up to 100 Members - 2 delegates
101 to 200 Members - 3 delegates
201 to 300 Members - 4 delegates
301 or more Members - 5 delegates
After 5 years of service, David McCowan was celebrated on Sunday, Jan 6, his last week as lead pastor of Forest Park Covenant Church in Muskegon, MI. The church held a luncheon and prayed for David and his wife, Venessa, as they embark on their next chapter of ministry.
Jesse Slimak is the new lead pastor of Bethany Covenant Church in DuBois, PA. He most recently served as the lead pastor of the Evangelical Covenant Church of LeRoy, MI.
Host a BLESS Sunday on or before March 17.
- Start by focusing specifically on the invitation to Begin with prayer. This bulletin insert provides a clear overview of BLESS and two perforated bookmarks.
- Individuals are encouraged to use bookmarks to create a prayer list of the people in their lives who do not know God--the prayer list should be identical on both bookmarks.
- One bookmark is meant to be kept by the individual as a reminder to pray each day for the names on the list. The second bookmark should be collected by the church.
PASTORS: WHAT TO DO WITH BLESS BOOKMARKS
- Collect completed bookmarks and bring to your conference annual meeting where superintendents will collect.
- If you are not attending your conference annual meeting, please forward bookmarks directly to your superintendent/conference office.
- Regardless of...